It could get easier to travel from Bristol, Tennessee to Interstate 81.
Mayor Michelle Dolan sent a request to the state for a feasibility study.
She wants to know if a new road could connect Volunteer Parkway to exit 74 on Interstate 81.
Dolan told News 5 it would encourage people to shop in Bristol instead of going to Johnson City and improve traffic flow to Bristol Regional Medical Center.
Dolan said with more traffic near the Pinnacle Project and Bristol Motor Speedway, a connecting road could make it easier to get around.
If the study is approved crews could decide where to connect Volunteer Parkway to I-81.
- New KPS Global completes $1M expansion in Piney Flats facility
- Exide Technologies withdraws application to reopen, News 5 uncovers dozens of violations in its past
- Southwest Virginia leaders focus on re-entry efforts for inmates
- Wise man who stole ginseng roots given probation
- UPDATE: Bristol assisted living worker pleads guilty to assaulting 94-year-old woman