It could get easier to travel from Bristol, Tennessee to Interstate 81.
Mayor Michelle Dolan sent a request to the state for a feasibility study.
She wants to know if a new road could connect Volunteer Parkway to exit 74 on Interstate 81.
Dolan told News 5 it would encourage people to shop in Bristol instead of going to Johnson City and improve traffic flow to Bristol Regional Medical Center.
Dolan said with more traffic near the Pinnacle Project and Bristol Motor Speedway, a connecting road could make it easier to get around.
If the study is approved crews could decide where to connect Volunteer Parkway to I-81.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities
- Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record