It could get easier to travel from Bristol, Tennessee to Interstate 81.
Mayor Michelle Dolan sent a request to the state for a feasibility study.
She wants to know if a new road could connect Volunteer Parkway to exit 74 on Interstate 81.
Dolan told News 5 it would encourage people to shop in Bristol instead of going to Johnson City and improve traffic flow to Bristol Regional Medical Center.
Dolan said with more traffic near the Pinnacle Project and Bristol Motor Speedway, a connecting road could make it easier to get around.
If the study is approved crews could decide where to connect Volunteer Parkway to I-81.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting