BLUFF CITY, Tenn. - A student at Bluff City Middle School is helping people get a meal.
8th grader Walker Morrell collected nearly 1,400 canned goods for the school's annual food drive. Bluff City Middle School Counselor Rachael Barnett tells News 5 they collected 3,356 cans. Barnett says this is the largest amount ever collected.
All food collected is going to the Edgefield United
Methodist Church Food Pantry in Piney Flats.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment