SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - Sullivan County authorities are investigating a stabbing Friday morning.
Dispatchers tell News 5 it happened just before 11:30 Thursday night on Buncombe Road.
The sheriff's department says Matthew Bingham and Wayne Colvin, Jr. began arguing over a broken television. Investigators say Colvin pulled out a pocket knife and stabbed Bingham in the stomach.
Bingham was treated and released from the hospital.
Investigators are still gathering statements, but say charges are pending.
- UPDATE: escaped UPS Lee inmates captured in Mexico
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator