SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - Sullivan County authorities are investigating a stabbing Friday morning.
Dispatchers tell News 5 it happened just before 11:30 Thursday night on Buncombe Road.
The sheriff's department says Matthew Bingham and Wayne Colvin, Jr. began arguing over a broken television. Investigators say Colvin pulled out a pocket knife and stabbed Bingham in the stomach.
Bingham was treated and released from the hospital.
Investigators are still gathering statements, but say charges are pending.
- Sale of the old mill property still planning to go through after fire
- Greene County teen admits to murdering father
- Authorities continue investigation into old General Mills building fire
- Cyber security customer call center has grand opening in Wise
- Expelled state lawmaker escorted from UT football game