SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - Sullivan County authorities are investigating a stabbing Friday morning.
Dispatchers tell News 5 it happened just before 11:30 Thursday night on Buncombe Road.
The sheriff's department says Matthew Bingham and Wayne Colvin, Jr. began arguing over a broken television. Investigators say Colvin pulled out a pocket knife and stabbed Bingham in the stomach.
Bingham was treated and released from the hospital.
Investigators are still gathering statements, but say charges are pending.
- New Third suspect in Nashville tourist's death arrested
- Updated Virginia city may consider "In God We Trust" motto for its city hall
- Body discovered near Guest River Gorge
- Red carpet rolled out in Bristol for the movie premiere of 'Believe'
- Rime ice caps area mountain tops just days after record highs