BLOUNTVILLE, Tenn. - The SBK Animal Shelter in Blountville received some special gifts today.
A sewing group called Sew Vac and Long Arm Quilting in Kingsport wanted a project to give back to the community.
They collected donations and began making blankets and pillowcases.
They also made vests and bandanas and on them they embroidered the words "Please Adopt Me" in hopes of grabbing people's attention.
Those who pitched in say they were excited to do something for homeless pets in need.
"We weren't going to stop until we made sure everyone of them was going to be warm this winter and nothing else, they are going to have a sweater to wear and just be soft and comfortable while they are there," said J.C. Farris with Sew Vac & Long Arm Quilting.
In all, the group was able to make 86 beds, 10 pillows, 38 blankets and 28 "Please Adopt Me" bandanas.
- Updated UPDATE: Greene Co. Sheriff says missing teen could be in N.C.
- ETSU student arraigned, has November court date
- Baby makes three Abingdon women in same family born on same day
- Updated Save the Peeps: Workers of famous marshmallows end strike
- Updated Tri-Cities rabies clinics protect pets from fatal disease