SULLIVAN COUNTY, TENN. - Volunteers are needed for the 22nd annual South Holston Lake cleanup.
The cleanup begins August 9th, but early registration will occur on august 7th at Observation Knob Park at six o'clock.
Volunteers can sign up at the 421 ramp, Little Oak campground, the Weir Dam or Observation Knob park.
Mark Webb says last year volunteers collected nearly 15-tons of debris. "It is very important that we have a lot of volunteers. There are 168-miles of shoreline on South Holston lake." said Webb. "The more trash we collect then we can get into our celebration."
Volunteers who pick up at least three bags of trash will receive a t-shirt and their name goes into a drawing at noon for door prizes. The grand prize is a kayak donated by mountain sports.
- New On the ballot: should the sale of alcohol be permitted on Sundays in Wise County?
- Updated Abingdon family collecting generators for victims of Hurricanes in Puerto Rico
- Techni-Glass of Surgoinsville announces $1.5M expansion, 54 new jobs
- Stranger pays for fellow customer's groceries after card declined at Walmart
- UPDATE: Five Michigan teens charged in rock throwing death