SULLIVAN COUNTY, TENN. - Volunteers are needed for the 22nd annual South Holston Lake cleanup.
The cleanup begins August 9th, but early registration will occur on august 7th at Observation Knob Park at six o'clock.
Volunteers can sign up at the 421 ramp, Little Oak campground, the Weir Dam or Observation Knob park.
Mark Webb says last year volunteers collected nearly 15-tons of debris. "It is very important that we have a lot of volunteers. There are 168-miles of shoreline on South Holston lake." said Webb. "The more trash we collect then we can get into our celebration."
Volunteers who pick up at least three bags of trash will receive a t-shirt and their name goes into a drawing at noon for door prizes. The grand prize is a kayak donated by mountain sports.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend