SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - The Sullivan County Sheriff's Office is still looking for a man that ran from deputies with a child in his car.
Deputies tied to stop Brian Hawkins on Friday, but Hawkins sped off. The sheriff's office tells us Hawkins crossed into oncoming traffic several times trying to get away.
He got up to 65 miles per hour in a 25 mile-per-hour zone.
Deputies say they learned Hawkins had a young child in his car and stopped the chase.
Hawkins is wanted for evading arrest, reckless endangerment, and other charges.
Anyone with information should call the Sullivan County Sheriffs Office at (423) 279-7500.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport