SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - The Sullivan County Sheriff's Office is still looking for a man that ran from deputies with a child in his car.
Deputies tied to stop Brian Hawkins on Friday, but Hawkins sped off. The sheriff's office tells us Hawkins crossed into oncoming traffic several times trying to get away.
He got up to 65 miles per hour in a 25 mile-per-hour zone.
Deputies say they learned Hawkins had a young child in his car and stopped the chase.
Hawkins is wanted for evading arrest, reckless endangerment, and other charges.
Anyone with information should call the Sullivan County Sheriffs Office at (423) 279-7500.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting