BLOUNTVILLE, Tenn. - A local sheriff's department is accepting job applications.
The Sullivan County Sheriff's Office is now accepting applications for entry-level sworn patrol and corrections positions. All applicants must be a U.S. citizen and at least 21 years of age, possess a high school diploma or the equivalent and maintain a valid Tennessee driver's license.
Applicants will be subject to an extensive background check and may not have any felony convictions on their record.
Anyone who would like to apply should submit an application by August 23.
Applications can be picked up at the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office or downloaded off their website at www.scsotn.com.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment