BLOUNTVILLE, Tenn. - A local sheriff's department is accepting job applications.
The Sullivan County Sheriff's Office is now accepting applications for entry-level sworn patrol and corrections positions. All applicants must be a U.S. citizen and at least 21 years of age, possess a high school diploma or the equivalent and maintain a valid Tennessee driver's license.
Applicants will be subject to an extensive background check and may not have any felony convictions on their record.
Anyone who would like to apply should submit an application by August 23.
Applications can be picked up at the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office or downloaded off their website at www.scsotn.com.
- New Mistrial for men accused of beating NASCAR's Mike Wallace
- FTC warns there would be 'significant risk' if MSHA, Wellmont merger is approved
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Boone Lake dam repairs will mean water level changes
- TVA investigates aquatic life near Boone Lake dam