SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - Sullivan County commissioners now know the cost of legal fees from a lawsuit filed by Sheriff Wayne Anderson.
The Sheriff filed a $9.9 million lawsuit against the county but was only able to get a two-percent pay increase for his employees.
Legal fees cost the county $140,000. The commission passed a resolution to pay those legal fees out of this year's budget.
County Mayor Steve Godsey says he'd hoped to resolve the lawsuit without lawyers, but that didn't happen.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial