BLOUNTVILLE, Tenn. - A lawsuit filed by a local sheriff to get funding may soon be resolved.
Sullivan County mayor Steve Godsey told us he and Sheriff Wayne Anderson have been involved in discussions of possible negotiations to avoid taking the lawsuit to court.
Godsey said if an agreement can be made, it will be up to the county commission to vote on whether or not to adopt those plans. "Hopefully we'll make a few strides in that area and be able to save the taxpayers a lot of money in legal fees and costs from this lawsuit," Godsey told News 5.
Mayor Godsey has announced a called county commission meeting for February 25 at 7:00 p.m. where commissioners could take a vote on possible agreements.
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway