BLOUNTVILLE, Tenn. - We are following a developing story out of Sullivan County -- we've learned seven employees with the county highway department received termination letters Thursday.
According to the employees we spoke with, they met with county mayor Thursday afternoon at his office in Blountville.
Interim highway commissioner Bobbie Manning says the reason they were let go was because of a reduction in force due to current budget restraints.
One employee tells us he quit on Monday because he was being demoted after being with the department for 32 years.
We have a crew at that meeting and will bring you updates as we get them.
- Updated Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City