BLOUNTVILLE, Tenn. - We are following a developing story out of Sullivan County -- we've learned seven employees with the county highway department received termination letters Thursday.
According to the employees we spoke with, they met with county mayor Thursday afternoon at his office in Blountville.
Interim highway commissioner Bobbie Manning says the reason they were let go was because of a reduction in force due to current budget restraints.
One employee tells us he quit on Monday because he was being demoted after being with the department for 32 years.
We have a crew at that meeting and will bring you updates as we get them.
- ETSU student arraigned, has November court date
- Endangered Child Alert issued for 13-year-old girl
- Updated Police: Pipe bomb found near Tweetsie Trial in Elizabethon
- Updated Local food bank receives $50,000 grant to help distribute produce
- Updated Jonesborough Police Chief placed on administrative leave