SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - A second person has died following a domestic dispute in Sullivan County Friday afternoon.
The Sullivan County sheriff's office confirmed 22-year-old Ricky Neeley died Tuesday afternoon at Holston Valley Medical Center.
Officers say Ricky Neely shot and killed his wife Edith Neeley and shot himself during a domestic dispute Friday.
Sheriff Wayne Anderson says there was not a record of domestic disputes between the couple, but he did say that Edith Neeley wanted out of their three-year marriage and Ricky did not.
According to Anderson the couple had two children, ages two years and seven months.
- Court: Greeneville bank manager embezzled more than $1 million
- Local police agencies offering drug take-back services Saturday
- Domtar announces reduced production at Kingsport plant
- Virginia voter registration deadline extended through Friday
- School board picks plan for new Boone's Creek school, discusses redistricting issue