SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - The Sullivan County, Bluff City, Kingsport Animal Center, or SBK, is asking for donations to help cover day-to-day expenses.
They are asking for $100,000 by July 1 to offset increased summer expenses. Donations pay for vet visits, food, bedding, supplies, and much more.
Regular adoption fees cover less than a quarter of the cost to care for homeless animals, and the summer is extra busy.
SBK Director Becky Birdwell said, "It is puppy and especially kitten season in the Spring and Summer time. We're just overwhelmed and overstocked with puppies and kittens and of course their mommies and daddies too."
Birdwell said that April, May and June are tough months because the SBK receives funding in July.
Anyone interested in donating should visit sbkanimalcenter.org.
- Kingsport police searching for five sex offenders
- Updated Endangered Child Alert issued for 13-year-old girl
- New ACC moves its championship game to Orlando
- Updated Volvo recalls 44K vehicles; leak can cause air bag problem
- New Fundraiser and concert to be held for John Battle coach who has brain cancer