SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - Three local women are trying to make a difference through running.
Three local high school graduates, Macy Carrier, Madison Taylor, and Reagan Taylor organized a 5k race called "Wishing for a Well."
The race is at 9 a.m. next Saturday, August 2nd in Bluff City, Tennessee.
The money they raise will go to the organization, Living Water International, to build a well in Guatemala.
We talked to participant Madison Taylor about why clean drinking water is so important. "I feel like around here we don't struggle with drinking water. It just comes out of our sinks and we don't think about it. And in other countries we don't realize that they can't even get a cup of water a day that is safe to drink."
You can find more information about the 5k at runtricities.com.
- New Poll: 51 percent of Tennesseans approve of Trump's job performance
- UPDATE: Suspected Kingsport killer gets $250K bond
- Dirty dancing: Caretaker charged for naughty dance in front of dementia patient
- Haslam: First vote on gas tax won't signal final version
- Jimmy Fallon donates thousands to his high school