SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - Three local women are trying to make a difference through running.
Three local high school graduates, Macy Carrier, Madison Taylor, and Reagan Taylor organized a 5k race called "Wishing for a Well."
The race is at 9 a.m. next Saturday, August 2nd in Bluff City, Tennessee.
The money they raise will go to the organization, Living Water International, to build a well in Guatemala.
We talked to participant Madison Taylor about why clean drinking water is so important. "I feel like around here we don't struggle with drinking water. It just comes out of our sinks and we don't think about it. And in other countries we don't realize that they can't even get a cup of water a day that is safe to drink."
You can find more information about the 5k at runtricities.com.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Person of interest identified in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Updated UPDATE: Former Bristol doctor receives probation on tax charges
- New Griffith, Kitts set for showdown in Virginia 9th District debate
- Arby's to sell venison sandwiches in 6 deer-hunting states