SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - Three local women are trying to make a difference through running.
Three local high school graduates, Macy Carrier, Madison Taylor, and Reagan Taylor organized a 5k race called "Wishing for a Well."
The race is at 9 a.m. next Saturday, August 2nd in Bluff City, Tennessee.
The money they raise will go to the organization, Living Water International, to build a well in Guatemala.
We talked to participant Madison Taylor about why clean drinking water is so important. "I feel like around here we don't struggle with drinking water. It just comes out of our sinks and we don't think about it. And in other countries we don't realize that they can't even get a cup of water a day that is safe to drink."
You can find more information about the 5k at runtricities.com.
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction