SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - Road work will cause delays around Sullivan County through the end of July.
A temporary detour of State Route 37/US 19E is in place at the intersection of SR-34 and US 11E.
Traffic signals have been installed and are operational at the intersections of SR-34 and SR-37, and SR-37 and SR-44. The detour is estimated to be in place until August 2014. Motorists should be alert for changed conditions and follow signed detours. Motorists should be alert for workers and equipment present and use extreme caution through this bridge construction and intersection reconstruction project.
Drivers in Bristol can expect delays as well.
The 500 block of Fifth Street will close Wednesday morning at 8:00 and will remain closed through August 6. We're told there will be detours available.
The City of Bristol tells us the closure is due to a construction project at UPM Pharmaceuticals.
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets