SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - If you take 11E from Bluff city to Bristol, you'll be hitting some detours.
Right now, crews have closed a lane while they work on the road. It's all part of the major construction project that will involve a diamond interchange.
After it's all finished, 19-E will go underneath 11-E.
Until then, establishments in the area worry the construction could affect their business. "I worry about our road frontage being closed off to where we don't have a lot of visibility. I think when construction is overwith, we'll be even more visible," says Vince Botts with Botts Family Pools.
The purpose of the project is to improve the safety of the intersection.
Work is scheduled to be completed by October 2015.
- Updated Highway 421 to reopen Tuesday between Mountain City and Shady Valley
- Updated Buchanan County drug roundup leads to over 20 arrests
- Updated Report: Presidential Debate captures 80.9 million viewers
- Bluff City tagged with $25,000 fine from state for sewer violation
- Man accused of killing father in Buchanan County appears in court