SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - If you take 11E from Bluff city to Bristol, you'll be hitting some detours.
Right now, crews have closed a lane while they work on the road. It's all part of the major construction project that will involve a diamond interchange.
After it's all finished, 19-E will go underneath 11-E.
Until then, establishments in the area worry the construction could affect their business. "I worry about our road frontage being closed off to where we don't have a lot of visibility. I think when construction is overwith, we'll be even more visible," says Vince Botts with Botts Family Pools.
The purpose of the project is to improve the safety of the intersection.
Work is scheduled to be completed by October 2015.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- Updated Battle at Bristol 2? Speedway Motorsports won't rule it out
- Updated Virginia settles with Hyundai/Kia in multi-state suit
- Updated King University to suspend admissions to nursing program, close Nashville-area campus