SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - Heavy flooding forced safety crews to close off 34 roads in Sullivan County Wednesday night.
Rescue crews were called out to Buncombe Road after a driver tried to test the high water.
The Avoca Volunteer Fire Department was one of the emergency crews that responded.
They say the driver is ok, but the water continued to rise to about three feet deep.
Firefighter Chris Toulin said, "If there is severe flooding advisories coming out don't take a chance on going down roads that are probably flooded; if it looks bad then it probably is".
Toulin also said to be more cautious at night because it is harder to tell how high the water is in the dark.
- Updated Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City