SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - Heavy flooding forced safety crews to close off 34 roads in Sullivan County Wednesday night.
Rescue crews were called out to Buncombe Road after a driver tried to test the high water.
The Avoca Volunteer Fire Department was one of the emergency crews that responded.
They say the driver is ok, but the water continued to rise to about three feet deep.
Firefighter Chris Toulin said, "If there is severe flooding advisories coming out don't take a chance on going down roads that are probably flooded; if it looks bad then it probably is".
Toulin also said to be more cautious at night because it is harder to tell how high the water is in the dark.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City