Regional government partners from several Tri-Cities localities officially signed off on an $8.5 million bond package Wednesday to help in site development of a proposed multi-million dollar aerospace park in Blountville.
The Tri-Cities Airport Authority added that site work funded by the bonds will launch in the spring and then formal construction on the 160-acre property with 21-acres of state-sanctioned economic property beginning next fall.
Bristol, Johnson City, Kingsport and the counties of Sullivan and Washington are all partners in Aerospace Park- a development aimed at aerospace industry jobs that could number in the thousands, according to initial reports- that also incorporates an educational initiative from Northeast State Community College.
News 5's Samantha Zarek was at Wednesday's announcement and will have more details later.
- Scott County students receive shoes and socks from Rotary Club Shoe Fund
- Union's James Mitchell commits to Virginia Tech
- Sullivan County dispatcher honored for successful baby delivery over the phone
- "Wreaths Across America" underway at the Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Students helping fellow students at Science Hill High School