SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - A pregnant woman is facing several charges after officers say she assaulted more than one deputy.
The Sullivan County Sheriff's Office said deputies were called to the home of the estranged husband of Amanda Cochran Wednesday night after the husband called to say Cochran was banging on a window.
Deputies said Cochran ran, locked herself in a van, and began kicking officers when they tried to pull her out. Deputies reported that Cochran later began violently banging her head on the cage inside a patrol car.
Deputies hit Cochran with pepper spray, but say she kicked the door of the cruiser and damaged the vehicle.
Cochran is charged with resisting arrest, vandalism, seven counts of assault and disorderly conduct.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone