KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A Kingsport woman is charged with theft, identity theft and other charges after the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office said she tried to steal an impounded vehicle.
Officers say Amy Feagins filed a report on August 7 that Jennifer Cook had taken her vehicle without permission. The vehicle was later found in a parking lot and towed until the owner was located.
Police say Cook later called a detective and claimed to be Amy Feagins, stating that Cook did not steal her car and that she did not want to press charges. The caller told the detective she needed him to release the hold on the car so she could pick it up.
Amy Feagins then called officers and said that Cook had impersonated her on that phone call.
Further investigation proved that fact.
- Updated Greene County teen admits to murdering father
- Updated Authorities continue investigation into old General Mills building fire
- Cyber security customer call center has grand opening in Wise
- Expelled state lawmaker escorted from UT football game
- Public sessions begin Monday regarding MSHA/Wellmont merger