SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - Officer Sam Matney with the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office observed a suspicious gold van with Pennsylvania tags parked beside the Highway 421 Bridge that goes across South Holston Lake.
Officer Matney ran the tag number and the vehicle came back as stolen out of Dauphin County in Pennsylvania.
Officer Matney made contact with the male and female inside the vehicle; according to his report, both the male and female gave false names. Upon further investigation the female was identified as Lindsey Brannen and the male was identified as Joel Davis.
While taking inventory of the stolen van, officers also discovered more than $8,000 in stolen musical instruments as well as a variety of drug paraphernalia inside the vehicle, including needles, pipes and spoons.
Lindsey Brannen was arrested and charged with receiving and concealing stolen property, possession of unlawful drug paraphernalia and identity theft.
Joel Davis was also arrested and charged with criminal impersonation.
Both were transported to the Sullivan County Correctional Facility.
|Lindsey Brannen was charged with receiving and concealing stolen property, possession of unlawful drug paraphernalia and identity theft.||Joel Davis was charged with criminal impersonation.|
- UPDATE: escaped UPS Lee inmates captured in Mexico
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator