SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - UPDATE 3:45 p.m.: Authorities have released the victim's name as Sharon Livesay. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigators are not sure what caused the accident.
We'll bring you more information as it's available.
One person is dead following a crash on a Sullivan County road.
It happened just before 8:30 a.m. at the intersection of Bloomingdale and Timbertree Branch roads. Detectives tell News 5 the victim wasn't wearing a seat belt.
Investigators aren't sure what caused the woman to lose control of her car. "The vehicle went off the right side of the road, crossed back over, went through a yard before hitting an embankment and overturning," said public information officer Leslie Earhart. "Witnesses say the driver was not speeding at the time of the crash. Right now the first team is on scene. It's still under investigation."
The name of the woman has not been released. as authorities are notifying next-of-kin.
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction