BLUFF CITY, Tenn. - The old city hall in Bluff City has been sold to the highest bidder.
Mayor Irene Wells told News 5 WCYB they held an auction Friday morning and had a big turnout.
Sherry Greene Grubb bought the building for $9,700 dollars.
She plans to put her photography business inside.
The Board of Mayor and Alderman may vote to finalize the sale at their next meeting on April 9th.
The building has been vacant since 2007 when the city hall offices moved to a new facility on Bluff City Highway.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment