BLUFF CITY, Tenn. - The old city hall in Bluff City has been sold to the highest bidder.
Mayor Irene Wells told News 5 WCYB they held an auction Friday morning and had a big turnout.
Sherry Greene Grubb bought the building for $9,700 dollars.
She plans to put her photography business inside.
The Board of Mayor and Alderman may vote to finalize the sale at their next meeting on April 9th.
The building has been vacant since 2007 when the city hall offices moved to a new facility on Bluff City Highway.
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction