SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - A Kingsport man has been arrested and charged in connection with several home burglaries on Hood Road.
The Sullivan County Sheriff's Office says one of those burglaries happened Tuesday, July 9.
When officers arrived, the homeowner told them he found his blinds opened, when he left them closed. The homeowner says a man had broken into his home before, and he was concerned he may be inside again.
Officers say they found Cody Estepp hiding in the home. They say when they tried to arrest him, Estepp resisted and tried to hit one of the officers with a golf club.
Estepp was eventually arrested and is now charged in three other burglaries as well.
His charges include aggravated assault, resisting arrest, aggravated burglary and theft.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities
- Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record