KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Police say two Kingsport women died in a crash on Interstate 26 over the weekend.
They tell us 40-year-old Lisa West and 45-year-old Laura Duncan were both killed in the crash. A 19-year-old woman was injured; we're told she was the only one wearing a seat belt.
Police say West and Duncan were involved in a head-on crash and that West was going in the wrong direction.
Police say the third car crashed in attempt to avoid the accident.
Police are still investigating whether alcohol, drugs or speed were factors in the accident.
- Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project