KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Police say two Kingsport women died in a crash on Interstate 26 over the weekend.
They tell us 40-year-old Lisa West and 45-year-old Laura Duncan were both killed in the crash. A 19-year-old woman was injured; we're told she was the only one wearing a seat belt.
Police say West and Duncan were involved in a head-on crash and that West was going in the wrong direction.
Police say the third car crashed in attempt to avoid the accident.
Police are still investigating whether alcohol, drugs or speed were factors in the accident.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport