SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - A man seriously injured in a Friday motorcycle crash will face charges once he is released from the hospital.
The crash happened Friday afternoon on Egypt Road in Bluff City. Investigators say the driver lost control in a curve and ran off the road, striking a tree.
They say the driver, Matthew Wooten, admited to officers at the hospital he had been drinking alcohol.
Officers say following Friday's crash he was charged with driving under the influence (third offense) and driving on a suspended or revoked license.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend