SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - A man seriously injured in a Friday motorcycle crash will face charges once he is released from the hospital.
The crash happened Friday afternoon on Egypt Road in Bluff City. Investigators say the driver lost control in a curve and ran off the road, striking a tree.
They say the driver, Matthew Wooten, admited to officers at the hospital he had been drinking alcohol.
Officers say following Friday's crash he was charged with driving under the influence (third offense) and driving on a suspended or revoked license.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day