SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - A man seriously injured in a Friday motorcycle crash will face charges once he is released from the hospital.
The crash happened Friday afternoon on Egypt Road in Bluff City. Investigators say the driver lost control in a curve and ran off the road, striking a tree.
They say the driver, Matthew Wooten, admited to officers at the hospital he had been drinking alcohol.
Officers say following Friday's crash he was charged with driving under the influence (third offense) and driving on a suspended or revoked license.
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway