SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - A man seriously injured in a Friday motorcycle crash will face charges once he is released from the hospital.
The crash happened Friday afternoon on Egypt Road in Bluff City. Investigators say the driver lost control in a curve and ran off the road, striking a tree.
They say the driver, Matthew Wooten, admited to officers at the hospital he had been drinking alcohol.
Officers say following Friday's crash he was charged with driving under the influence (third offense) and driving on a suspended or revoked license.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect