SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - UPDATE 4:58 p.m.: There are new facts about a motorcycle crash on Highway 421.
Troopers have just told us how the wreck happened.
The crash happened around noon Wednesday on Highway 421 near the Johnson County-Sullivan County line.
The Tennessee Highway Patrol tells us 63-year-old William Swiney was driving a motorcycle around a curve, when the front tire hit a rut and caused the motorcycle to lose control.
We're told swiney slid out onto the road.
Swiney was air-lifted from the scene.
The road was shut down for some time.
troopers tell us.. that section of road is now back open.
Sullivan County Deputies are working a crash involving a motorcycle.
The crash happened on Highway 421. Deputies tell us one person was flown to the hospital..
Authorities advise motorists avoid Highway 421 on Wednesday afternoon until the scene is cleared.
We'll bring you more facts as they become available.
- Updated Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- New Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction
- Jury is out in first-degree murder case of Johnson City man
- Volunteer firefighters responded to RV fire in Bluff City
- Two men charged in the fatal shooting of Zaevion Dobson