The Old Deery Inn in Blountville will be getting some upgrades after the County Commission voted Monday to fund some repairs.
The Commission voted to allocate $30,000 to be put towards doing some maintenance work.
That work is expected to include some plumbing upgrades among other things.
The goal is to make the Old Deery Inn a destination for tourists.
"I don't ever, personally don't see it becoming an operational B&B in the future, but getting on the right track to make a very presentable tourist attraction is definitely in the county's best interest," Sullivan County Commissioner John Gardner said.
Included in the resolution is to set aside $10,000 every year for the maintenance of the historic buildings of downtown Blountville.
- Bristol, Va. city leaders pass final budget; alter staffing level procedure
- UPDATE: Johnson City doctor ordered to pay $1.2M in 2012 anticancer drug case
- Man lucky to be alive after heart stops for nearly 30 minutes
- Settlement between Sullivan County & Sheriff's Office could lead to tax increase
- Washington Co. - JC Animal Shelter in need of cat supplies