The Old Deery Inn in Blountville will be getting some upgrades after the County Commission voted Monday to fund some repairs.
The Commission voted to allocate $30,000 to be put towards doing some maintenance work.
That work is expected to include some plumbing upgrades among other things.
The goal is to make the Old Deery Inn a destination for tourists.
"I don't ever, personally don't see it becoming an operational B&B in the future, but getting on the right track to make a very presentable tourist attraction is definitely in the county's best interest," Sullivan County Commissioner John Gardner said.
Included in the resolution is to set aside $10,000 every year for the maintenance of the historic buildings of downtown Blountville.
- Updated Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator
- Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing
- US Postal Service issues new Thoreau stamp at Walden Pond
- Derby Day event raises $31,000 for hunger prevention programs in Greene Co.