SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - A Sullivan County man accused of raping a child is awaiting sentencing after being found guilty.
Dwight Randall Walton II was convicted of rape of a child, aggravated sexual battery, and solicitation of sexual exploitation of a minor by a Sullivan County jury.
Investigators say the victim in the case was seven-year-old relative of Walton's. The offenses took place over a five-month period.
He will be sentenced on May 29.
Walton is also facing more charges after officers say they found more than 150 images of minors engaging in sexual activity.
- New Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- Updated School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator
- Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing