SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - A Sullivan County man accused of raping a child is awaiting sentencing after being found guilty.
Dwight Randall Walton II was convicted of rape of a child, aggravated sexual battery, and solicitation of sexual exploitation of a minor by a Sullivan County jury.
Investigators say the victim in the case was seven-year-old relative of Walton's. The offenses took place over a five-month period.
He will be sentenced on May 29.
Walton is also facing more charges after officers say they found more than 150 images of minors engaging in sexual activity.
- New Life Care agrees to pay $145 million for role in false claims to Medicare, TRICARE
- Trial in Carter County begins for man accused of trying to kill deputy while in jail
- Third suspect in Nashville tourist's death arrested
- Virginia city may consider "In God We Trust" motto for its city hall
- Body discovered near Guest River Gorge