A man accused of child rape was found guilty in Sullivan County court Tuesday.
Wayne Yelton, 68, was convicted of three counts of aggravated sexual battery, rape of a child, attempt to commit incest, and incest.
Officers responded to a call in July 2015 in reference to Yelton threatening to commit suicide. Witnesses said he had inappropriate relations with a child under the age of 13, and was attempting to kill himself after being caught in the act.
Yelton is scheduled to be sentenced on January 19 in Blountville.
- New American Merchant investing $19M, creating 400 new jobs in Bristol, Virginia
- Controversial Kentucky lawmaker accused of sexual assault
- UPDATE: Tennessee boy overwhelmed by support after viral bullying video
- Man deported after rape conviction in Tennessee tried to enter U.S.
- Turbulent U.S. Senate race in Alabama now in the hands of the voters