SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - We have new facts tonight after a shooting Saturday night in Sullivan County.
According to the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office, Gregory Slemp has been charged with attempted second degree murder and aggravated assault.
Investigators say the victim and his girlfriend were visiting Slemp at a home on Hidden Valley Road near Colonial Heights when deputies say Slemp got angry and shot the victim in the arm with a sawed off shotgun.
The victim is expected to be OK.
We're told additional charges are pending.
The sheriff's office tells us a five-year-old child was in the house at the time of the shooting. We're told that child is now with other family members.
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator
- Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing
- US Postal Service issues new Thoreau stamp at Walden Pond
- Derby Day event raises $31,000 for hunger prevention programs in Greene Co.
- Philadelphia man who spent 24 years in prison is exonerated