SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - A man is facing child abuse charges after a boy ran to a Bristol home for help.
Sullivan County sheriff's deputies responded to the call Friday on Sand Bar Road. They say they found Timothy Greenwood there running partially clothed.
They tell us he was screaming about bears chasing him.
The boy told officers Greenwood had been swerving down the road earlier that evening. He also said Greenwood had taken him into the woods for several hours.
Greenwood was taken to Bristol Regional Medical Center before being booked into Sullivan County correctional facility. He faces charges of aggravated child abuse and neglect.
He's being held on a $10,000 bond.
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets