SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - A man is facing child abuse charges after a boy ran to a Bristol home for help.
Sullivan County sheriff's deputies responded to the call Friday on Sand Bar Road. They say they found Timothy Greenwood there running partially clothed.
They tell us he was screaming about bears chasing him.
The boy told officers Greenwood had been swerving down the road earlier that evening. He also said Greenwood had taken him into the woods for several hours.
Greenwood was taken to Bristol Regional Medical Center before being booked into Sullivan County correctional facility. He faces charges of aggravated child abuse and neglect.
He's being held on a $10,000 bond.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect