SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - A man is facing child abuse charges after a boy ran to a Bristol home for help.
Sullivan County sheriff's deputies responded to the call Friday on Sand Bar Road. They say they found Timothy Greenwood there running partially clothed.
They tell us he was screaming about bears chasing him.
The boy told officers Greenwood had been swerving down the road earlier that evening. He also said Greenwood had taken him into the woods for several hours.
Greenwood was taken to Bristol Regional Medical Center before being booked into Sullivan County correctional facility. He faces charges of aggravated child abuse and neglect.
He's being held on a $10,000 bond.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport