SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - After chase and a close call with patrol cars, a man is being charged with aggravated assault and driving under the influence.
Sullivan County deputies tell us they tried to stop 25-year-old Charles Brown early Thursday morning on Jared Drive.
Officers say he took off and almost hit their cruisers head-on.
Deputies arrested Brown when they say he ran off the road and hit a tree on John B. Dennis Highway.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting