SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - After chase and a close call with patrol cars, a man is being charged with aggravated assault and driving under the influence.
Sullivan County deputies tell us they tried to stop 25-year-old Charles Brown early Thursday morning on Jared Drive.
Officers say he took off and almost hit their cruisers head-on.
Deputies arrested Brown when they say he ran off the road and hit a tree on John B. Dennis Highway.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next