SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - After chase and a close call with patrol cars, a man is being charged with aggravated assault and driving under the influence.
Sullivan County deputies tell us they tried to stop 25-year-old Charles Brown early Thursday morning on Jared Drive.
Officers say he took off and almost hit their cruisers head-on.
Deputies arrested Brown when they say he ran off the road and hit a tree on John B. Dennis Highway.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend