SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - Sullivan County authorities charged a Kingsport man with attempted murder and other charges after they say he covered a woman's head with a large piece of plastic.
The victim told authorities she went to Casey Gibson's home to collect some belongings. That's when she claims he placed a plastic bag on her head, causing her to black out.
The victim was finally able to get away after she woke up and Gibson left the room.
Authorities say an investigation also revealed Gibson was wanted in a burglary.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next