SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - Sullivan County authorities charged a Kingsport man with attempted murder and other charges after they say he covered a woman's head with a large piece of plastic.
The victim told authorities she went to Casey Gibson's home to collect some belongings. That's when she claims he placed a plastic bag on her head, causing her to black out.
The victim was finally able to get away after she woke up and Gibson left the room.
Authorities say an investigation also revealed Gibson was wanted in a burglary.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting