SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - Sullivan County authorities charged a Kingsport man with attempted murder and other charges after they say he covered a woman's head with a large piece of plastic.
The victim told authorities she went to Casey Gibson's home to collect some belongings. That's when she claims he placed a plastic bag on her head, causing her to black out.
The victim was finally able to get away after she woke up and Gibson left the room.
Authorities say an investigation also revealed Gibson was wanted in a burglary.
- Updated Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Updated Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial
- Rock royalty in attendance as Chris Cornell is laid to rest in Hollywood
- Johnson City BOE discusses Washington County tax money plan
- Congress moves to expedite veteran disability benefit appeals