SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - The Sullivan County Sheriff's Office is investigating a stabbing.
Officers were called to a home on Derby Drive Tuesday where they say they found Sam Ireson, Jr. with three stab wounds.
Ireson told officers he had been stabbed by Jeremiah Byington. According to investigators, Ireson said Byington's wife went to his house after getting into an argument with Byington.
Officers say Byington stabbed Ireson in the hip after Byington was told to leave and police say Byington said he was going to kill him.
Ireson was stabbed two more times during a struggle over the knife, according to deputies. That's when Byington drove away and was later located by Washington County, Tennessee Sheriff's Deputies.
He's now charged with attempted second degree murder.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University