SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - The Sullivan County Sheriff's Office is investigating a stabbing.
Officers were called to a home on Derby Drive Tuesday where they say they found Sam Ireson, Jr. with three stab wounds.
Ireson told officers he had been stabbed by Jeremiah Byington. According to investigators, Ireson said Byington's wife went to his house after getting into an argument with Byington.
Officers say Byington stabbed Ireson in the hip after Byington was told to leave and police say Byington said he was going to kill him.
Ireson was stabbed two more times during a struggle over the knife, according to deputies. That's when Byington drove away and was later located by Washington County, Tennessee Sheriff's Deputies.
He's now charged with attempted second degree murder.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death