SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - A Sullivan County man has been jailed after deputies say he assaulted a person trying to repossess a car.
Officers say Michael Halterman jumped into the driver's seat and reached for the keys. The victim told officers she tried to get the keys out of the ingnition when Halterman put the vehicle in reverse and drove off.
Halterman came back to the home while officers were talking with the victim. He told them where to find the car.
Halterman was arrested for assault, theft, and driving on a revoked license.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash