SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - A Sullivan County man has been jailed after deputies say he assaulted a person trying to repossess a car.
Officers say Michael Halterman jumped into the driver's seat and reached for the keys. The victim told officers she tried to get the keys out of the ingnition when Halterman put the vehicle in reverse and drove off.
Halterman came back to the home while officers were talking with the victim. He told them where to find the car.
Halterman was arrested for assault, theft, and driving on a revoked license.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane