SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - A man is facing charges after deputies say he assaulted and robbed a woman who he met online.
According to the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office, At 12:30am Sunday deputies responded to a reported robbery at a home on Anco Drive in Kingsport.
When they arrived the victim told them she was attacked by a man who she had met on a dating website.
Deputies say the man, identified as Christopher Fralix, came into her home, attacked her, and demanded money.
Fralix allegedly choked the woman and hit her in her face several times, badly injuring her nose.
Deputies say the woman told them Fralix threatened to kill her and her child if she called police.
We're told Fralix took money and the woman's phone then left the scene.
Deputies say they found Fralix at a home on East Sevier Avenue along with several of the stolen items. He is charged with Especially Aggravated Robbery, Especially Aggravated Burglary, Especially Aggravated Kidnapping and Aggravated Assault.
We're told Fralix was wanted in Florida for violation of probation and in Colorado for domestic assault and theft charges. Deputies say he has an extensive criminal history in several states including Nebraska, Nevada, Ohio, South Carolina, Virginia and Tennessee.
The woman was taken to Holston Valley Medical Center for treatment.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect