SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - A Sullivan County man is charged with assault on an officer after he's accused of punching a K9 and spit blood on a deputy.
The Sheriff's Office says Aaron Hooker was wanted on charges of felony vandalism, violation of parole and failure to appear in court on burglary charges when they got a call about a disturbance between him and his brother late Sunday night.
Officers say the brother told them where he was and when they arrived, authorities say he was hiding in a crawl space.
K9 Diablo was sent in to get him out, when officers say Hooker punched the dog.
After a third attempt, K9 Diablo was able to get him out of the crawl space.
That's when authorities say Hooker spit on Officer Matt Cole, Diablo's partner.
Hooker is at bristol regional medical center.
The Sheriff's Office tells us Aaron Hooker was taken to the hospital, but will go to jail as soon as he is released.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend