SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - A Sullivan County man is charged with assault on an officer after he's accused of punching a K9 and spit blood on a deputy.
The Sheriff's Office says Aaron Hooker was wanted on charges of felony vandalism, violation of parole and failure to appear in court on burglary charges when they got a call about a disturbance between him and his brother late Sunday night.
Officers say the brother told them where he was and when they arrived, authorities say he was hiding in a crawl space.
K9 Diablo was sent in to get him out, when officers say Hooker punched the dog.
After a third attempt, K9 Diablo was able to get him out of the crawl space.
That's when authorities say Hooker spit on Officer Matt Cole, Diablo's partner.
Hooker is at bristol regional medical center.
The Sheriff's Office tells us Aaron Hooker was taken to the hospital, but will go to jail as soon as he is released.
- New Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial