SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - A Sullivan County man is charged with assault on an officer after he's accused of punching a K9 and spit blood on a deputy.
The Sheriff's Office says Aaron Hooker was wanted on charges of felony vandalism, violation of parole and failure to appear in court on burglary charges when they got a call about a disturbance between him and his brother late Sunday night.
Officers say the brother told them where he was and when they arrived, authorities say he was hiding in a crawl space.
K9 Diablo was sent in to get him out, when officers say Hooker punched the dog.
After a third attempt, K9 Diablo was able to get him out of the crawl space.
That's when authorities say Hooker spit on Officer Matt Cole, Diablo's partner.
Hooker is at bristol regional medical center.
The Sheriff's Office tells us Aaron Hooker was taken to the hospital, but will go to jail as soon as he is released.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University