BRISTOL, Tenn. - Fire fighters from 421 Emergency Services in Sullivan County were out in full force this weekend asking for your help.
The station is an all volunteer fire department with about 25 fire fighters located off Bristol Caverns Highway. Each big holiday weekend the crew heads out to the intersection of highways 44 and 421, with their boots in hand, asking for any spare change any drivers may have to help them with supplies.
Fire fighter Allen Crowd tells News 5 they started the collections yesterday morning and said there biggest single donation was a check for $100.
"We normally do about two to three thousand [dollars] for the weekend to help buy new equipment and gas," Crowd adds.
To give a donation to the department, you can mail a check or cash to 1758 Bristol Caverns Hwy, Bristol, Tennessee, 37620.
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets