SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - Gate City, Virginia native Jerry Hall has broken the world record for the longest freshwater scuba dive at South Holston Lake.
Hall officially broke the record at 12:25 p.m. on August 1, 2013. His elapsed time was 5 days and 14 minutes. Click here to view photos from the lake.
Jerry plans to extend his lead over the previous record by staying submerged until Friday.
We'll have more details on Jerry Hall's dive online and on News 5 WCYB.
- Sale of the old mill property still planning to go through after fire
- Greene County teen admits to murdering father
- Authorities continue investigation into old General Mills building fire
- Cyber security customer call center has grand opening in Wise
- Expelled state lawmaker escorted from UT football game