SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - Gate City, Virginia native Jerry Hall has broken the world record for the longest freshwater scuba dive at South Holston Lake.
Hall officially broke the record at 12:25 p.m. on August 1, 2013. His elapsed time was 5 days and 14 minutes. Click here to view photos from the lake.
Jerry plans to extend his lead over the previous record by staying submerged until Friday.
We'll have more details on Jerry Hall's dive online and on News 5 WCYB.
- Updated UPDATE: Suspects were living in Saltville murder victim's home
- Lawyer: Experts say man who beheaded son ready for release
- ETSU restructures Forbes' contract for bonuses
- Supreme Court mainly rules for black voters in Virginia case
- Report: Pennsylvania woman shoots husband after casserole argument