SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - Several fire departments are teaming up with a pizzeria to raise awareness about fire prevention.
The Avoca and Warrior's Path Volunteer Fire Departments are teaming up with Domino's Pizza to raise awareness about fire prevention.
If you order a pizza next Wednesday or Friday night, October 10 and 12, members of the fire departments might deliver that pizza on a fire truck. If your smoke detectors work, the pizza is free.
If they are not working, firefighters will replace the batteries or install a new one.
"It's part of our whole week of activities," explained Chris Poulin with the Avoca Volunteer Fire Department. "The reason we are doing it is because we are trying to get the word out about changing batteries. Having a working smoke detector will save your life."
Firefighters delivered pizzas to several homes last year that did not have working smoke detectors.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial