BLOUNTVILLE, Tenn. - A gun discovered in carry-on luggage going through security at the Tri-Cities Regional Airport led to charges on Sunday.
61-year-old Lee R. Osborne is charged with possession of handgun prohibited. We've learned authorities found the gun Sunday morning around 7:45.
Airport police were alerted after a loaded .357 revolver was found in his bag.
We do not know where Osborne is from at this time.
Passengers are permitted to travel with firearms in checked baggage if they are properly packaged and declared.
Two guns were found at checkpoints last year at Tri-Cities Regional Airport.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next