BLOUNTVILLE, Tenn. - A gun discovered in carry-on luggage going through security at the Tri-Cities Regional Airport led to charges on Sunday.
61-year-old Lee R. Osborne is charged with possession of handgun prohibited. We've learned authorities found the gun Sunday morning around 7:45.
Airport police were alerted after a loaded .357 revolver was found in his bag.
We do not know where Osborne is from at this time.
Passengers are permitted to travel with firearms in checked baggage if they are properly packaged and declared.
Two guns were found at checkpoints last year at Tri-Cities Regional Airport.
- Kingsport police searching for five sex offenders
- Updated Endangered Child Alert issued for 13-year-old girl
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- Updated Volvo recalls 44K vehicles; leak can cause air bag problem