BLOUNTVILLE, Tenn. - A gun discovered in carry-on luggage going through security at the Tri-Cities Regional Airport led to charges on Sunday.
61-year-old Lee R. Osborne is charged with possession of handgun prohibited. We've learned authorities found the gun Sunday morning around 7:45.
Airport police were alerted after a loaded .357 revolver was found in his bag.
We do not know where Osborne is from at this time.
Passengers are permitted to travel with firearms in checked baggage if they are properly packaged and declared.
Two guns were found at checkpoints last year at Tri-Cities Regional Airport.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day