BLUFF CITY, Tenn. - A $6 million lawsuit against the city of Bluff City is accusing its vice mayor of harassment and intimidation.
Court documents name Vice Mayor Lon Gene Leonard as a defendant for alleged actions he took against Carol Keith of Bluff City.
The lawsuit claims the harassment began when Leonard lost his bid to be Bluff City's mayor in 2013. Keith also claims the city singled her out for delinquent property taxes because of her race. We spoke with Bluff City Mayor Irene Wells about the lawsuit. She told us she could not comment on the pending matter.
- Updated Red carpet rolled out in Bristol for the movie premiere of 'Believe'
- Updated Rime ice caps area mountain tops just days after record highs
- Updated Hundreds supported breast cancer at Tri-Cities Race for the Cure
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy