BLUFF CITY, Tenn. - A $6 million lawsuit against the city of Bluff City is accusing its vice mayor of harassment and intimidation.
Court documents name Vice Mayor Lon Gene Leonard as a defendant for alleged actions he took against Carol Keith of Bluff City.
The lawsuit claims the harassment began when Leonard lost his bid to be Bluff City's mayor in 2013. Keith also claims the city singled her out for delinquent property taxes because of her race. We spoke with Bluff City Mayor Irene Wells about the lawsuit. She told us she could not comment on the pending matter.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane