BLUFF CITY, Tenn. - A $6 million lawsuit against the city of Bluff City is accusing its vice mayor of harassment and intimidation.
Court documents name Vice Mayor Lon Gene Leonard as a defendant for alleged actions he took against Carol Keith of Bluff City.
The lawsuit claims the harassment began when Leonard lost his bid to be Bluff City's mayor in 2013. Keith also claims the city singled her out for delinquent property taxes because of her race. We spoke with Bluff City Mayor Irene Wells about the lawsuit. She told us she could not comment on the pending matter.
- Updated Washington County, Virginia man charged with rape of child
- New EPA, USDA announces initiative to help bring broadband service to Erwin
- Previously missing Russell County woman found unharmed in Georgia
- Updated Major decision expected Wednesday in relation to proposed Gray methadone clinic
- One dead, one seriously injured in Smyth County hit-and-run