BLUFF CITY, Tenn. - A $6 million lawsuit against the city of Bluff City is accusing its vice mayor of harassment and intimidation.
Court documents name Vice Mayor Lon Gene Leonard as a defendant for alleged actions he took against Carol Keith of Bluff City.
The lawsuit claims the harassment began when Leonard lost his bid to be Bluff City's mayor in 2013. Keith also claims the city singled her out for delinquent property taxes because of her race. We spoke with Bluff City Mayor Irene Wells about the lawsuit. She told us she could not comment on the pending matter.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial