BLUFF CITY, Tenn. - A $6 million lawsuit against the city of Bluff City is accusing its vice mayor of harassment and intimidation.
Court documents name Vice Mayor Lon Gene Leonard as a defendant for alleged actions he took against Carol Keith of Bluff City.
The lawsuit claims the harassment began when Leonard lost his bid to be Bluff City's mayor in 2013. Keith also claims the city singled her out for delinquent property taxes because of her race. We spoke with Bluff City Mayor Irene Wells about the lawsuit. She told us she could not comment on the pending matter.
- New Two with ties to Pulse nightclub shooting guests at State of the Union
- New UPDATE: Tennessee hiring Kansas State's Currie as Athletic Director
- New Report: Colon cancer rates rising in younger generations
- New Senate passes bill limiting Tennessee campaign investments
- New Coal miner dies at prep plant owned by WVa Governor