KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Kingsport resident George Moore, who lives on Wakefield Street near a creek, got quite the shock when the water started to rapidly rise from its banks.
He says heavy rains have not caused flooding like he saw on Wednesday in the last 40 years.
Moore took video over a two-hour period as waters rushed into his home and destroyed much of his ground floor.
Moore says he did not have flood insurance because they are not in a flood zone and it has never been an issue before.
- Updated UPDATE: Bristol assisted living worker pleads guilty to assaulting 94-year-old woman
- Bond set at $7M for suspect in Ohio house fire that killed 7
- Trump vows to crack down on leaks, slams NATO
- Insurers continue to hike prices, abandon ACA markets
- Woman claiming Sandy Hook was a hoax pleading guilty to threats