KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Kingsport resident George Moore, who lives on Wakefield Street near a creek, got quite the shock when the water started to rapidly rise from its banks.
He says heavy rains have not caused flooding like he saw on Wednesday in the last 40 years.
Moore took video over a two-hour period as waters rushed into his home and destroyed much of his ground floor.
Moore says he did not have flood insurance because they are not in a flood zone and it has never been an issue before.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next