KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Kingsport resident George Moore, who lives on Wakefield Street near a creek, got quite the shock when the water started to rapidly rise from its banks.
He says heavy rains have not caused flooding like he saw on Wednesday in the last 40 years.
Moore took video over a two-hour period as waters rushed into his home and destroyed much of his ground floor.
Moore says he did not have flood insurance because they are not in a flood zone and it has never been an issue before.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Updated Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson
- Texas teen gets life for death of man who wouldn't buy beer
- Over 30 drug-related arrests made in ‘Operation Autumn Harvest'