KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Kingsport resident George Moore, who lives on Wakefield Street near a creek, got quite the shock when the water started to rapidly rise from its banks.
He says heavy rains have not caused flooding like he saw on Wednesday in the last 40 years.
Moore took video over a two-hour period as waters rushed into his home and destroyed much of his ground floor.
Moore says he did not have flood insurance because they are not in a flood zone and it has never been an issue before.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane