NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam has chosen a Sullivan County judge to fill an upcoming vacancy in the Tennessee Court of Criminal Appeals.
Robert "Rob" H. Montgomery, Junior has been tapped by the governor to replace the retiring Joseph Tipton in the eastern section of the state.
Montgomery is a former assistant district attorney general and has been a criminal judge in Sullivan County since 2006.
Montgomery is a Kingsport native.
- Tennessee general fund revenues beat projections by $159M
- Georgia firefighter dies after weekend accident on job
- Report: Suicides increase in Tennessee
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting