SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - The Tennessee Highway Patrol tells News 5 troopers arrested a member of the Kingsport Board of Mayor and Aldermen Friday night.
Alderman Jantry Shupe was arrested for DUI and Violation of Implied Consent.
This is Shupe's second arrest for DUI. He was also arrested on June 2, 2013 for DUI in Kingsport.
Shupe is being held at the Sullivan County Jail.
According to the Kingsport City website, Shupe's term on the Board ends on June 30, 2015.
- Updated Firefighters battle Scott County house fire
- GOP opens new campaign spot in Washington County Tennessee
- Johnson City hosts first Kidney Foundation charity walk in the region
- Virginia State Police investigate deadly motorcycle crash
- Blood drive honors recovering Volunteer Parkway shooting victim