JONESBOROUGH, TENN. - The Sullivan County Sheriff's office began investigating a child sex abuse case involving Phillip Adkins back in January.
The case was presented to a grand jury earlier this week. Adkins was indicted on six counts of statutory rape by an authority figure and three counts of incest.
He is currently being held at the Sullivan County jail.
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets