JONESBOROUGH, TENN. - The Sullivan County Sheriff's office began investigating a child sex abuse case involving Phillip Adkins back in January.
The case was presented to a grand jury earlier this week. Adkins was indicted on six counts of statutory rape by an authority figure and three counts of incest.
He is currently being held at the Sullivan County jail.
- Bristol School Board tours possible new elementary sites, parents raise concerns
- Weekend Drive: Dolly Parton's Smoky Mountain Adventures Christmas Show
- Police: Multiple officers injured after shooting in Georgia
- Science Hill parents react to news of former booster president stealing money
- Speedway in Lights illuminating the night sky for opening night