JONESBOROUGH, TENN. - The Sullivan County Sheriff's office began investigating a child sex abuse case involving Phillip Adkins back in January.
The case was presented to a grand jury earlier this week. Adkins was indicted on six counts of statutory rape by an authority figure and three counts of incest.
He is currently being held at the Sullivan County jail.
- Local police agencies offering drug take-back services Saturday
- Domtar announces reduced production at Kingsport plant
- Virginia voter registration deadline extended through Friday
- Updated Youth leaders in Bristol learn about tolerance
- Updated Grand jury set to hear case of man accused of sexual assault