JONESBOROUGH, TENN. - The Sullivan County Sheriff's office began investigating a child sex abuse case involving Phillip Adkins back in January.
The case was presented to a grand jury earlier this week. Adkins was indicted on six counts of statutory rape by an authority figure and three counts of incest.
He is currently being held at the Sullivan County jail.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone