SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - UPDATE 12/23/2013: The Sheriff's Office has identified both men involved in this incident.
The man who was fatally shot was Robert "Bobby" Lane.
Investigators say Richard Lane is the man who shot him, but he is currently not being charged in the shooting.
We'll have more information coming up Monday evening on News 5 WCYB.
Investigators say a fight between two brothers ended with one of them dead.
The Sullivan County Sheriff's Office tells us the fight happened around 6:00 p.m. Saturday at a home on Rocky Lane in Kingsport.
When deputies arrived they found the victim lying in the front yard of the house.
Officers tell us the two brothers were arguing outside of the home, and at some point shots were fired.
We're told the victim suffered multiple gunshot wounds, including one to the stomach. He was taken to Holston Valley Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.
Detectives took his brother to the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office for questioning.
The investigation is on-going and charges are pending.
- GOP opens new campaign spot in Washington County Tennessee
- Johnson City hosts first Kidney Foundation charity walk in the region
- Virginia State Police investigate deadly motorcycle crash
- Blood drive honors recovering Volunteer Parkway shooting victim
- Buchanan County Sheriff's Office investigates death of elderly man