SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - UPDATE 12/23/2013: The Sheriff's Office has identified both men involved in this incident.
The man who was fatally shot was Robert "Bobby" Lane.
Investigators say Richard Lane is the man who shot him, but he is currently not being charged in the shooting.
We'll have more information coming up Monday evening on News 5 WCYB.
Investigators say a fight between two brothers ended with one of them dead.
The Sullivan County Sheriff's Office tells us the fight happened around 6:00 p.m. Saturday at a home on Rocky Lane in Kingsport.
When deputies arrived they found the victim lying in the front yard of the house.
Officers tell us the two brothers were arguing outside of the home, and at some point shots were fired.
We're told the victim suffered multiple gunshot wounds, including one to the stomach. He was taken to Holston Valley Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.
Detectives took his brother to the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office for questioning.
The investigation is on-going and charges are pending.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash