SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - Three horses are off a Sullivan County property after allegations of animal cruelty.
We called the SBK Shelter in Sullivan County and found out they had started investigating the case.
We went to the property on Weaver Branch Road on Monday, to hear directly from the owners about what was going on. They refused to make a comment, and only minutes later SBK and an agricultural agent arrived to check out the animals.
A veterinarian also looked at the horses. Sullivan County Assistant District Attorney Julie Cantor tells us three of the horses looked malnourished. They have now been sent to Horse Haven, a rescue in Knoxville.
The Sullivan County Sheriff's Office is investigating the case. We're told no arrests have been made at this point.
An employee at Horse Haven tells us the horses are settling in well.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day