SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - Three horses are off a Sullivan County property after allegations of animal cruelty.
We called the SBK Shelter in Sullivan County and found out they had started investigating the case.
We went to the property on Weaver Branch Road on Monday, to hear directly from the owners about what was going on. They refused to make a comment, and only minutes later SBK and an agricultural agent arrived to check out the animals.
A veterinarian also looked at the horses. Sullivan County Assistant District Attorney Julie Cantor tells us three of the horses looked malnourished. They have now been sent to Horse Haven, a rescue in Knoxville.
The Sullivan County Sheriff's Office is investigating the case. We're told no arrests have been made at this point.
An employee at Horse Haven tells us the horses are settling in well.
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire