WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - For several hours Sunday afternoon Highway 36 was closed due to a motorcycle accident.
According to the 911 Supervisor in Washington County, Tennessee, the accident happened just before 1:30 p.m. Authorities say 30-year-old Jessica Lane was driving northbound on Highway 36 when she crossed the center line, hitting a motorcycle head-on and killing the driver.
The driver of the motorcycle is identified as 41-year-old Randy Harless.
Lane and two other passengers were injured in the crash.
Tennessee Highway patrol is working the accident and say charges are expected.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone