WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - For several hours Sunday afternoon Highway 36 was closed due to a motorcycle accident.
According to the 911 Supervisor in Washington County, Tennessee, the accident happened just before 1:30 p.m. Authorities say 30-year-old Jessica Lane was driving northbound on Highway 36 when she crossed the center line, hitting a motorcycle head-on and killing the driver.
The driver of the motorcycle is identified as 41-year-old Randy Harless.
Lane and two other passengers were injured in the crash.
Tennessee Highway patrol is working the accident and say charges are expected.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting