In the early morning hours of April 22 an unmarked Sullivan County cruiser was burglarized.
The vehicle was assigned to a detective and was parked in his driveway at the time. His home is located within the city limits of Kingsport.
Two bulletproof vests were taken, one of which has Sheriff displayed on it. In addition, thieves took a GPS unit, two sets of handcuffs, a .40 caliber Glock, an extra magazine and as a gold Lieutenant's badge.
The Kingsport Police Department is investigating the burglary. Anyone with information concerning the thefts should contact the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office or Kingsport Police Department immediately.
- Updated Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator
- Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing
- US Postal Service issues new Thoreau stamp at Walden Pond
- Derby Day event raises $31,000 for hunger prevention programs in Greene Co.