In the early morning hours of April 22 an unmarked Sullivan County cruiser was burglarized.
The vehicle was assigned to a detective and was parked in his driveway at the time. His home is located within the city limits of Kingsport.
Two bulletproof vests were taken, one of which has Sheriff displayed on it. In addition, thieves took a GPS unit, two sets of handcuffs, a .40 caliber Glock, an extra magazine and as a gold Lieutenant's badge.
The Kingsport Police Department is investigating the burglary. Anyone with information concerning the thefts should contact the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office or Kingsport Police Department immediately.
- Updated Washington County, Virginia man charged with rape of child
- New EPA, USDA announces initiative to help bring broadband service to Erwin
- Previously missing Russell County woman found unharmed in Georgia
- Updated Major decision expected Wednesday in relation to proposed Gray methadone clinic
- One dead, one seriously injured in Smyth County hit-and-run