In the early morning hours of April 22 an unmarked Sullivan County cruiser was burglarized.
The vehicle was assigned to a detective and was parked in his driveway at the time. His home is located within the city limits of Kingsport.
Two bulletproof vests were taken, one of which has Sheriff displayed on it. In addition, thieves took a GPS unit, two sets of handcuffs, a .40 caliber Glock, an extra magazine and as a gold Lieutenant's badge.
The Kingsport Police Department is investigating the burglary. Anyone with information concerning the thefts should contact the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office or Kingsport Police Department immediately.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities
- Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record